If you have dental insurance, that’s excellent news for your wallet -- and your oral health. People who have help paying for their dentistry often enjoy healthier smiles as a result, and we want that to be true for you and your family, too. Taking full advantage of your dental insurance just takes a little understanding of how it works. But we know that sometimes, reading about insurance can feel overwhelming. Your dentist in Williamstown is here to help.
We’ve put together a little glossary to help you better understand the terms used to describe your dental insurance plan.
- In-network: A dental insurance provider that your dentist has contracted with to provide discounted care to its members.
- Out-of-network: A provider that your dentist has not negotiated with to provide care.
- Premium: The amount of money you pay regularly (usually each month) in exchange for your dental coverage.
- Deductible: The amount of money you must pay for dental care out-of-pocket before your dental insurance kicks in (not all plans have a deductible).
- Annual maximum: The amount of money beyond which your dental insurance will not pay for services.
Note that most dental plans are on an annual calendar and renew (or start over) with each new year. Any money you have paid towards your deductible or annual maximum will begin again in January.
Because regular prevention is the number one way to prevent the need for costly, time-consuming care later on, most dental insurance plans completely cover preventive dentistry services. That means two dental checkups and cleanings each year, and a set of x-rays annually. Dental sealants and fluoride treatments may be covered, too, in addition to partial coverage for restorative and maybe even cosmetic treatments. Get in touch with your dental insurance provider or your employer’s human resources department to find out exactly what you are eligible for under your plan.
Our Williamstown office is happy to work with patients and their dental insurance providers. We are in-network with some of the major benefit plans, and we are happy to process and file claims to maximize benefits for our patients. Please feel free to contact us at any time to find out more about our affordable dental insurance policies.
The following are plans the office participates with:
- Aetna PPO
- Assurant Employee Benefits
- Cigna PPO
- Connection Dental
- Delta Dental
- Dental Health Alliance Network (DHA):
- Direct Dental Administrators
- Horizon Traditional
- Horizon Dental Option
- Nippon Life Insurance Co.
- NovaNet Inc.
- United Concordia
- United Health Care PPO
Don't see your insurance listed? We frequently add more to the list, and we are happy to help you file any dental insurance claim. Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your dental insurance coverage in Williamstown today!